Monday, January 31, 2011

These are the people in my neighborhood

While sitting on the bench at the Western brown line stop, waiting for the train, a frumpy guy was pacing back and forth in front of me. He looked to be in his early 40s, was wearing tattered clothes, and had a head of frizzy hair shooting about in different directions. He was on his phone. I heard the following:

"Yeah...I'm at the Western station. Should be there in half an hour. I don't care...I figure we could just play some easy ones like Go Fish."

Then I was on the train and a woman sitting near me, with bright silver glittery eye liner slathered liberally on her eyelids, took out her phone. After the initial phone call pleasantries with her friend, I heard the following:

"You know that heavy set broad. (pause) The one that is too fat for her clothes. (pause) Yeah, well that ghetto-ass bitch..."

I love public transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment