I've been deleting and sorting through old emails and have come across many a gem that really have no point but I can't bear to delete them. Example of an email I can't bring myself to delete:
Steve Erwin is dead. I'm crying crocodile tears.
Here's something I wrote in an email to a friend after I volunteered at a Special Olympics bowling tournament.
The Special Olympics bowling tournament was amazing. I have a lot of new friends and I've never high-fived so much in my life. I was assigned to two lanes of guys that were way better bowlers than me and they didn't need my help. We're talking scores hovering around 200. The conversation was hilarious, as were the victory jumps and cheers. My favorite moment of the day... Marcel (kind of looked like Erkyl) got a silver medal. He looked bummed out and I asked why. "Why did Ronnie have to get gold?" I was annoyed because Marcel's mom was like an obnoxious little league parent. He'd knocked down 8 pins and not get the spare and instead of cheering for him, she'd say with exasperation in her voice, "Oh, it's okay. Just shake it off." What the hell? I gave Marcel a pep talk about how well he did and how he should be proud of himself because there's only one silver medalist and I went on and on. He was quiet with his head down and I thought he was just irritated and tired of hearing me talk. He raised his hand and with his head still down, said very matter of factly, "Put it there, Mary. Put it there." So, I, of course, put it there.
Another good moment was when Maria and Nick were having a very frank discussion about how Maria may've snorted her aspirin instead of swallowing it. She couldn't remember what happened with her aspirin.
Nick: "Well, did you have it in your hand by your mouth and you just inhaled a deep breah and it just went in?"
Maria: "Yeah, maybe that is what I did. You could be right."
Nick: "It seems like that's what could've happened. You probably took a deep breath like this..." (demonstrates deep breath).
Maria and Nick nodded their heads in agreement and walked back to their respective seats. Mystery solved.
No comments:
Post a Comment